Since summer 2017 the on-site reading among attendees has been possible. Whenever personal data, such as the name and address, are needed to fill in a form, they can be taken over directly from the ID card. Instead of writing down or typing in your personal data, you can simply put your ID card on a reading device. The data are read electronically and entered. This is a quick procedure preventing any spelling mistakes.
Authorities and companies offering this possibility need a government authorization for this process and a reading device.
How to proceed:
- Present your ID card at the counter and identify yourself to the authority or company.
- Put your ID card on the reading device.
- With the help of the chip in your ID card it is checked whether the service provider is authorized to read your personal data.
- The access code (CAN) on the front side of the ID card to the right of the date of expiry must be entered.
- Your data are transmitted automatically to the form with secure end-to-end encryption and without mistakes.
It is not possible to read your data from the chip without your knowledge, for example in public places. The chip releases data only if it receives your personal PIN code, which is known only to you, or the access code (CAN) printed on the ID card.