Lost your ID card? We can help you!
Have you lost your ID card or has it been stolen? If so, please report the loss to an identity card authority for your protection without delay. At www.behoerdenfinder.de you will find the opening hours, contact points and responsibilities of offices and authorities at your place of residence.
If your eID function is switched on it must be blocked.
If your eID function has been switched on, it must be blocked without delay if your ID card has been lost or stolen. Once it is blocked, any misuse will be detected immediately.
Please note: Without your PIN nobody can retrieve your data.
The easiest way to block your ID function is to call the blocking hotline. It can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 0049-116 116 or, alternatively, 0049-30-40 50 40 50 (fees apply).
- Please have your blocking code ready, which was sent to you in the PIN letter.
- The eID function will be blocked without delay and cannot be used for the time being.
- If you block your eID function by calling the blocking hotline you also have to report the loss to an identity card authority.
You can also have your eID function blocked directly by the competent identity card authority at your local government services office:
- You can go there directly or call the authority.
- The identity card authority will immediately block the function and inform the police of the loss of your ID card.
If you find your ID card again, you can unblock the eID function at your identity card authority. Please note: To unblock the eID function you have to go there directly. Unblocking by call is not possible.
Blocking your signature function is only possible by the certification service provider of your signature certificate.
Neither the blocking hotline nor the identity card authority can block the signature function.